“The Single Point of Access (SPA) is an intermediary digital platform and it is part of 3 Delegated Regulations following priority actions B, C and E of the EU ITS Directive 2010/40/EU. One of the main function of a SPA is providing information about existing traffic relevant data to every interested person or company. A detailed and standardized dataset description – the so-called METADATA - is needed to create a searchable, easy manageable and high quality register.”
This is the introduction of the final draft version of the “SPA Metadata Catalogue”, agreed by the SPA responsible persons from Austria, Germany and the Netherlands. This Metadata Catalogue is a result of dense discussions between the three countries mentioned which have the plan to use this Metadata Catalogue as basis for the implementation of the National Access Point as foreseen in Delegated Regulations 885/2013, 886/2013 and 2015/962.
This Metadata Catalogue is of interest for Member State representatives, SPA responsible persons and Member State ITS-experts and your feedback will be highly appreciated!
In 2015 several meetings where organized where the item ‘SPA - Metadata’ was discussed.
- Beginning 2015 SPA-experts from Austria-Germany-Netherlands start with setting up the document ‘SPA Coordinated Metadata Catalogue’
- June 30 an “EC Workshop on Metadata” toke place in Brussels – EC/DG Move and MS ITS-experts underline the importance of harmonizing metadata and several MS showed their interest in further developing this Metadata Catalogue.
- September 24 during a EIP+ SPA Workshop in Bucharest, the Meta Catalogue is discussed in detail with 34 participants from 12 Member States. All participants agreed that this metadata catalogue is of great value for all SPA’s. The idea for a follow up Metadata Workshop came forward to support (future) SPA operators and experts and to improve.
- October 23 Workshop Metadata at Schiphol.
- November 26/27 there will be a dedicated SPA session at the EIP+ Forum in Rome.
The follow-up of the SPA Workshop will be a technical Workshop Metadata on October 23. I invite you all to participate. However, you can only participate if you come prepared. Find enclosed the ‘SPA Coordinated Metadata Catalogue’ for preparation and please send your comments, suggestions and/or questions well in time before this workshop, such that your points can be put on the agenda for discussion.
Date: Friday 23 October 2015
Location: Schiphol Airport (NL)
Registration and Input on metadata: mail to Martin.Boehm@austriatech.at , Louis.Hendriks@rws.nl and email@example.com ultimately 16 October 2015.
Please feel free to forward this information to persons you know that will be interested as well.
Click here to enjoy reading the “SPA Metadata Catalogue”. Click here for a presentation about Metadata.
We look forward to your response.
Louis Hendriks MSc - Leader of EIP+ -Activity 32 - Harmonized concept of “Single Point of Access” for RTTI – mail contact Louis.Hendriks@rws.nl
Dr. Jens Ansorge - Task leader ‘Metadata’ – mail contact Ansorge@bast.de